Search This Blog

Saturday, December 3, 2011

PAC KNOWS PROBLEMS

Monday night at 7 pm is the next PAC meeting held at 10 Church St. in Lynn. Should be interesting for a couple of reasons. First I need to write a letter to ask DR LATHAM "WHERE'S THE MONEY BUDGETED FOR PAC? HOW DO WE GET ACCESS TO IT? I MEAN IT'S A THOUSAND BUCKS AND THAT WOULD BUY A LOT OF PIZZA AND GENERIC SODA.". Nothing draws a crowd like free eats.

Then my BFF has been blowing up my new I-phone with text about improprieties in the SPED department. First she's texting me that the OFFICE OF CIVIL RIGHTS found some 800 violations. Well I don't know about that number, she just might be high on KOOL-AID.

BUT......

There was the fact LPS is hiring a "compliance officer". I figure that doesn't have anything to do with "crossing guards" or "library fines" in non existent libraries. Something smells and it further calls into question how the SPED department on appeal jumped from "Level 4-needs intervention" to "Level 2". I know, DR LATHAM is a MATH MAJOR.

AND....

There is this story about a dyslexic child who reads 5 grade levels below middle school level and was denied an IEP. Since everyone is entitled to a fair and appropriate education, I kind of wonder how that denial is either. But  I'm just a poor, disabled poet, I don;t always understand all that FANCY education stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment