Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

ITEM THROWS IN THE TOWEL WHEN IT COMES TO LPS

2011's Top 5 stories

Can you believe it? Not one story about LYNN PUBLIC SCHOOLS among their top five. LPS accounts for about 50% of the city of LYNN'S budget. There was plenty to write about and our kids are our future and what's more important than our future.

They could have featured the big controversy last year when LPS tried to add a DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT in the middle of the year when we had so many other pressing concerns, much like they are trying this year. Well they didn't actually pick up on it until they read my blog.

Then there is the positive stuff, like the FORD SCHOOL garden being featured on CBS news. I don't even think they covered it. I know everyone heard first about it from the WATCH cause I was in the garden when they came. My balcony does overlook the vegetables.

I guess I should feel honored that ITEM counts on me to cover the LPS beat. You know what that means - a recipe for more poetry. That's your inside dish.

2 comments:

  1. The first two nights of 2011's Top 5 stories are for surrounding cities. Lynn's Top 5 will be tomorrow or Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, I guess I should have read more clodely. I thought the ITEM was a LYNN paper and thus would put LYNN stories first. Boy do I feel like a fool. I'm going to FIRE my editor for letting that story slip past.

    ReplyDelete