Search This Blog

Sunday, December 18, 2011

LPS NEEDS TO LOVE ALL ITS KIDS

You know I was reading Cleo's blog and I thought I would steal something from it as I often do. You see she is so thoughtful and intelligent and the format has such pretty colors too.

Maybe I am not smart enough to figure out all of this number stuff. Data makes me delirious. But I was noticing that Facteau-Leary is a LEVEL 1 school. What's up with that?

Maybe they have a different way of calculating the numbers for a BEHAVIORAL school. I kind of doubt it but what do I know? I just walk around all day with visions of sugar plums (Deputy Superintendent jobs) dancing in my head. I'm just a poor disabled poet.

I go to almost all the meetings and I never hear anyone bragging about how successful Facteau-Leary is, in fact more often than not, it doesn't even get recognition as a high school. I believe it doesn't have a principal but they are called a DIRECTOR instead. LVTI's principal is called that instead. RICK STARBARD once took the time to explain it to me, I said okay but it seemed to TECHNICAL for me to understand.

Later I witnessed a discussion at an LSC meeting about changing LVTI's leader's moniker so it would be more user friendly. However Facteau-Leary wasn't even mentioned. It's like that school is the redheaded step-child LPS keeps in the basement with all of the other throw-away kids.

Positive attention changes lives positively.


uneducacion.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. The students at Fecteau-Leary are categorized twice. Once at their base school which is Feacteau and again to their district school which assumes their attendance and MCAS scores.
    So when a student at Fecteau takes MCAS the scores are counted at that students neighborhood school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the explanation though I'm still not quite sure. Are you saying their scores end up pulling down their neighborhood school down? How does Fecteau-Leary score so high? I am so confused, that's why I'm a poet and not an engineer.

    ReplyDelete