Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

RAISES AIN'T FOR READING


I thought I saw you post somewhere that Charlie Gallo mentioned buying new history books for students? Well I just happened to come across my son's history book. He is a junior in high school and it is a US History II class. The book is entitled, 'America; Pathways to the Present'. The problem is, according to this decade old book, the "present" is 2003. One of the last mentioned events in the book (and it is briefly mentioned) is the 9/11 attack.
Well that's pretty good LORI, last year when my son was at PICKERING he talked of history books that were from the SOVIET UNION era. I have to give DR. LATHAM credit for at least thinking about climbing into this century with E BOOKS that could be updated. The MAYOR said basically, "Ain't gonna happen!".




No comments:

Post a Comment