Search This Blog

Sunday, June 1, 2014

FIREWORKS ARE COMING IN JUNE THIS YEAR

I am so STUPID! No wonder nobody believes me. Maybe it is that trail of hayseeds I leave behind or that coal dust behind my ears.

I was a wondering why the only LSC member I saw at the Mayor's STATE OF THE CITY address was CHARLIE GALLO. I mean he is always eveeeerywhere and he is running for another political office. Then I rememberedhe is a board member of the LYNN COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION so he ind of had to be there.

He left pretty much afterthe speech and didn't smooze around lie a good politician should. In fact I almost fell chasing after him to tell him what a good job he did standing up for the student's needs at the LSC meeting. In so many words he said we have not yet begun to fight.

Maybe, just maybe the other LSC members stayed away on purpose because they would haveinterrupted the speech with cackles of laughter and gnashing of teeth when the Mayor was painting such a rosy picture about the financial condition and health of the city.

WE ARE IN REAL TROUBLE!

Of course When I finally got the chance to ask a question at the end I recounted some of our looming fiscal crisises they were downplayed.She assured everyone that it was being handled. We were told how funding for schools was increasing nearly TEN PERCENT while over on the city side every other department was being asked to reduce by 2%. (Although I wonder if she is going to push for a raise for herself?).

I kind of thought she was consciously avoiding my question after the speech but then again I am kind of full of myself sometimes but apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so. Read what a friend who didn't go to the speech said.

Friend at talk today described some guy in front row that the mayor was very obviously trying to keep quiet and how he asked questions that she clearly didn't want to answer - sure enough I was able to describe you. Who else would be in the front row asking about the school budget?

I AM GUILTY!

Here is the whole speech thanks to LYNN HAPPENS. You be the judge!





No comments:

Post a Comment