Search This Blog

Thursday, June 26, 2014

EVER GO ON A BLIND DATE?

JULY 10, well that's when the entire LSC is going on one. Yeah, there surprise partner is going to be the FY 15 budget. Okay it's not exactly completely blind. The committee members havehad a copy for a while, just no one else has seen it. Maybe a few speecial people have sneaked a glance but not me. No I've not seen either budget the $131 Million one or the $126 Million one.

This vote is going on the same day in a SPECIAL MEETING OF THE WHOLE the same day it is publically discussed for the first time. My memory doesn't always serve me well. I'm wrong an gosh awful lot of the time. I just don't remember a budget being pushed through so fast, not even with a convening of he FINANCE SUBCOMMITTE. See if they did that they would have to publically discuss it and the public, that;s us parents wouldhave an idear what's in it.

Oh meetings have been held, PRIVATE ones, BEHIND closed doors,with the MAYOR, DR. LATHAM, and I think CHIEF COPPINGER. We know that from the CRACK reporting of the ITEM. I guess some SMOKE leaked from thosed closed doors where they had that there meeting.  Must be why they call it a LEAK!

Anyway the MAYOR mus assume a POSITIVE vote is a foregoned conclusion because they are planning another SPECIAL MEETING right after that to set a date, at least 30 days hence for a public hearing. After which immediately there will be amother meeting ay which time another FORMAL and FINAL vote will be taken just in case the public testimony swayed anybody's opinion. Done deal, thankfully ATTORNEY MIHOS was there to walk them through the necessary procedural steps. Seeing some of the looks on those faces made me homesick for WV. I kept reminiscing how the deer looked along the roadside at night.

Now I got to tell you if I was MAYOR (forget it, I done had me enough of running for political office) I wouldn't be so sure of an affirmative vote. That's on account of PATTI CAPANO has already PUBLICALY stated that she wouldn't vote for a budget that had one penny less han the first one that DR. LATHAM presented. Of course that was before the MAYOR came with a sharpened blue pencil to do a little financial editing.  Funny she wasn't at tonight's meeting. Maybe when she saw the budget on the agenda she was afraid she was going to have to VOTE on it, she caught what BUZZY caught. There seems to be a lot of that going around, It is a horrible diseade, it affects the SPINE.

If I was JUDY (I do have these fantasies about dressing up) I wouldn't be too sure about GOOD OLE CHARLIE. I mean he does have his eyes cast toward another political prize that just might require him to take a sand, especially if it will garner him more votes,

I hope it does pass,so I can get a gander at it. You can rest assured I will go through it line by line pointing out the X's and O's (excesses and holes). Hey, it's what I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment