Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

IT'S ALL IN A NAME

12:00 PM Susan Garrity 12:40 PM Stacy Phelan 1:20 PM Susan Dion Earabino 2:00 PM Nina Cullen-Hamzeh, M.Ed

I have an appointment with my lawyer in the morning but sense I represent myself, hopefully my schedule will be able to accomodate my attendence. Right off the bat I see a potential nomenclature nemisis. The only one with a MASTERS has too many names.

Think of the added expense of putting those extra letters on a name plate. I don't even want to think about BUSINESS cards. What's more important having the right qualifications or the right last name?



3 comments:

  1. They all have masters or they wouldn't be certified for the job...school committee candidates should know that stuff .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly I thought they should.....but that requirement has been waived before AND I couldn't understand why if they have it they didn't flaunt it. Initials after a name are very impressive. I have JR.

      Delete
    2. http://www.lynnschools.org/documents/departments/job_postings/Principal_Cobbet_2013.pdf

      Now let's wait and see if the person chosen actually possesses all of these qualifications. Typically we find many of those chosen for positions in LPS don't have the required qualifications, particularly leadership positions. The super is a perfect example of this!

      Delete