Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DEBATE....SO HERE IS POSITION EIGHT

I have felt so lost. I think the heat stopped my Internet......Unless the stoppage was actually a blockage. Paranoia is not that different than conspiracy.

TRANSPARENCY

I want everybody to know what we spend on everything so that we can better place our priorities.  Face it the budget as it stands is a wish list. How about an end of the year look at the checkbook to see what we really spent.

Those of you  who were reading my blog last year know that I came up with an adjusted gross salary for our superintendent by adding the benefits I could see on her page inl last year's budget. The actual number I think added up to an adjusted salary of $267,000. Even with that bloated number, I am sure I missed other lines on other pages cause as I keep telling you I am none too sharp when it comes to figuring figures. Guess what? No one protested or said I over estimated.

And on CHARTER SCHOOLS.No matter whether you like them or not, they are here established by law. A certain percentage of our monies haveto be dedicated to them. Okay where are the numbers? For three years, I have not been able to find them in the LPS budget.Earlier this year that God of journalism over at the ITEM did an excellent story on the CHARTER COSTS. He had some undisputed figures. I believe he came up with them by looking at the city's budget. I don't know for sure, I was too lazy to look. The point is it should be easy to find, you know all in one place.

Another pet peeve of mine is the "packet" of communications and other printed materials that all of the committeee members get. We are asked to take on faith what they say. Why not? The government has never miisled people before, have they? How hard would it be to put it on line? I figure if they have someone technically savvy enough to block my e mails they could probably figure out how to scan a document.

No comments:

Post a Comment