Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DEBATE......SO HERE IS POSITION NINE

SPECIAL EDUCATION

Wow, I could probably pull TEN positions out of this topic. I'll spare you the RANT, most of it anyway. I haven't run the numbers and I'm not a numbers guy anyway. It was said by a sitting LSC member that we are spending roughly 10 percent of the budget on 1% of the students. Seems like a lot because it is.

No matter what the actual numbers are wecan all agree that it costs BIG bucks to place kids out of district. You have tuition and busing. What can we do? These placements are given out grudgingly (well for most people) but they are often mandate by a HIGHER authority. (Itwasn't me, I can't even get a WING named after me).

The reason for thiese placements is because we legitamately don't have the programs to serve them. Don't you think it would have been nice to invest some of that CIRCUIT BREAKER REFUND a while back in programs that would have allowed us to service our own students in the future instead of spending it on salaries and new positions like a SECOND DEPUTY SUPERINTENDENT, especially since our standing amongest other UNDER performing URBAN districts hasactually slipped since its creation.

JUST SAYIN

Another thing have you heard when the new move to BENNETT ST. is going to be?

I want to get a good seat to WATCH. Popcorn to pop and all. Got to clear COMMERCIAL STREET. Kindergarten classrooms to set up and all. If you need any helplifting boxes and all, I'm sure my campaign manager is available. You'll have to feed him and all. I realize that may be cost prohibitive,

No comments:

Post a Comment