Search This Blog

Thursday, July 4, 2013

HOW'S THAT SCHOOL WORKIN FOR YOU?

Promises have been made. Money has been spent but details have not been shared. A while back at a school committee meeting DR. LATHAM promised to try and put in place the services or programs in our LEVEL 3 schools that have been so publically successful in our LEVEL 4 schools, CONNERY and HARRINGTON. That's nice.

SCHOOL WORKS, a private firm out of BEVERLY who the STATE  contracted to do an assessment of our LEVEL 4 schools was hired by LPS to do the same for our LEVEL 3 schools. This time we paid the bill and it must have been pretty substantial because we have a good number of our schools that fit that criteria. They spent a couple of days at each school and since FORD is one of them and I am on the SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT COUNCIL, I even got to meet with a couple of them. Of course, I had business cards to share.

After they were done at each school there was this big meeting with the principals where results were given to THEM, not to me or any other person on the council (unless somebody is holding out on me). Okay, I can be an ornery fella. Maybe I don't deserve a personal call with specific details but the citizens of LYNN at least deserve a vague outline full of generalities. So far all we got is silence.

No comments:

Post a Comment