Search This Blog

Monday, July 22, 2013

A NEW MARSHALL - YOUR MONEY OR YOUR LIFE

Citizen approval critical to schools

I don't know about you but I get nervous when I am held hostage by fear. Yeah we need new schools, lots of them. Why start with this one? It is the newest one of the top four, two of which were built TWO CENTURIES ago. Perhaps they don't want to give tours because they don't wantpeople to start thinking, "Hey, my kids school is worse than this".

Can we talk about the elephant in the room for a minute? They talk about not wanting to make you afraid to send your kids there. It's safe, they tell you. Pardon me while I swear.A#$%&$.

It's not what you think. The DIRTY word I am using is ASBESTOS. It's nothing youcan blame LPS much for,I mean when all of these old schools were built, it was considered a SAFE material. Several years later after numerous medical studies and millions even billions of dollars later in litigation costs, we have come to find out maybe it is actually highly deadly.

That new flooring they aregiving FORD SCHOOL, I believe is not so much COSMETIC as itis THERAPEUTIC. A band-aid, if you will to keep ASBESTOS from old broken floor tiles from oozing out. From what was said about MARSHALL'S flooding problems, that OOZING could make its way into the ground water CONTAMINATING much of the city. Well much of the city is contaminated anyway,let's air our dirty laundry, especially the WHITE'S. We have to face our problemsbefore we can find solutions.

Look at the numbers. Getting a new school every TWENTY years or so just means perpetual problems. We need to explore alternate sources of funding from federal to private. There has been lots of talk about that but what have you actually seen anybody do about it? When I am elected, I guarantee everybody will see copies of letters I write to everubody and anybody that might be able to help. You'll see their response too. I'm pretty good at writing letters, wouldn't you agree DR. LATHAM?

No comments:

Post a Comment