Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE DEBATES......SO HERE IS POSITION FOUR

EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION

I applaud DR. LATHAM for her sincere interest in this area. In fact I thanked her and all the LSC members who came to the PUBLIC HEARING with preconceived decisions about the KINDERGARTEN CENTER. I figure that this rash decision is going toblow up in thier face right away and that just happens to be around ELECTION time.

I could be wrong. Yes, even I make mistakes. But if you look atmistakes as LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES then you can make a right out of a wrong.

I think more could be done with redistricting. We should have rented immediately and then came up with a better long term plan. After all the head of transportation is also head of the PARENT INFORMATION CENTER. The wisdom of that is another arguement, it is what it is and we should at least take advantage of what we have. I think the $270,000 it's going to take for only THREE schools. That would buy a lot of preschool books.

I attended a lecture once from a HARVARD professor that said you get back $4 for every$1 you invest in early education. So $270,000 wasted is like a $1,000,000 LOST.

Looks like we need somebody to WATCH our pennies.

No comments:

Post a Comment