Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

KINDERGARTEN KUDOS

Since my emails are BLOCKED from LPS I thought I ought to express my compliments personally to DR. LATHAM for her plan for a KINDERGARTEN CENTER in the COMMERCIAL STREET COMPLEX. Now I have been singing that old Swing Space Shuffle for some time now. I guess she has been listening to my tune.Okay I didn't write the song but I have been banging the drum.

So the plan is to consolidate the kindergartens of FORD, TRACY, and BRICKETT together in where the current administration offices are on COMMERCIAL STREET. Those administrators are moving over the summer to BENNETT STREET. This three pronged relocation consolidation will free-up much needed classroom space.

It ain't gonna be cheap. They are budgeting about $580,000 for this program. There are unresolved problems like busing, how to handle when a kid needs to get dismissed early for whatever reason, and LSC member DONNA COPPOLA brought up a valid concern about the stairs and those little legs. She wondered if the DOE had signed off on the idea. Honestly I think this is a better place than where they are now. DR. LATHAM assured everyone that we will make it work and I believe she will or I'll tell you about it, don't you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment