Search This Blog

Sunday, April 7, 2013

GIVING IT THE OLD COLLEGE TRY

I thought I better share this letter in case the Mayor forgets to check her email or some other electronic snafu. Darn machines.


April 7, 2013

Dear Most Honorable Mayor Kennedy,

Because my e mails are blocked from the Lynn Public Schools, I am writing to you in hopes that you in your role as Chairman of the Lynn School Committee you could convey to the superintendent or any other appropriate person my offer to speak on the matter of brain damage to the students that could result from blows to the head. Schools should be about education, not prosecution.

In the past you have graciously appointed me to the Lynn Disability Commission which I was elected chairman of for a year before I resigned. I was also a board member of the West Virginia Head Injury Foundation, Inc. and also served as chairman of my districts Consumer Advisory Committee of West Virginia Division of Vocational Rehabilitation.

For fifteen years I was a direct care worker for the Massachusetts Division of Developmental Disabilities before retiring due to arthritis, While in college, I suffered a brain injury that left me comatose for eleven days with multiple residual disabilities.  Overcoming the many challenges I faced is something I would be happy to share with the students who engaged or witnessed these dangerous games.

Hopefully you join me in my worry about the serious nature of this apparent foolishness and child’s play that flirts with tragedy. Please feel free to contact me about any way I can help. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment