Search This Blog

Friday, April 5, 2013

BREAKING THE SILENCE

 North Shore Christian School to hold annual silent auction

Probably the biggest fund raiser here, won;t show up and doesn't need to eat. The only table needed is an actuarial table. This is not just about FOLLOW THE MONEY, the money follows. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against private schools, I went to a private college a METHODIST affiliated one. Both of my kids go to LPS and I can see a well defined role for each institution.

HOWEVER.......

in order to make informed decisions we have to be informed. That;s what I want to try and noI am talking about TITLE 1 dollars. I am not saying this is wrong but I am saying this is how it is.

I don't know a lot of things. I do have lots of questions like how CHAPTER 70 money is awarded or if it is. Then there are other questions I have. You see there not all about some little CHRISTIAN school, we have  a sizable catholic contingency (before I get deluged with dogmatic details, I know Catholics are christian, I mean my kids are baptized Catholic for goodness sake) and there is a growing chapter of charter kids.

Now I have been studying the LPS budget for around three years now and its not clear yo me just who gets what and how much. I know line items are not required to rhyme but they do have to maintain balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment