Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

CAMPAIGN ON THE CHEAP

I have heard all the war stories about the expense of a political campaign. Heck, even the FINANCIAL REPORTING REGS, book they gave me when I signed up says they expect you to spend $5000. For me to spend that much, I would have to take shelter in a shelter.....

SO....

I come up with a few corners I might cut. I mean it's hard to run a grass roots campaign when you can't afford the seed. So I thought I'd toss out a few ideas and see what kind of response I get.

1). HOMEMADE SIGNS - Saves me the expense of having to pay to have ones printed up that are boring because they all look the same and you'll probably leave out too long after the election anyway.Get creative - We can post example on a FACEBOOK page. GET CREATIVE! We can expand this concept by making placards for you car, that way you can just throw them out after it's all over. Who wants to have old sticker residue on the bumper of a $40,000 car?

2). FAST FOOD FUNDRAISERS -  To keep cost contained we'll go DUTCH and being considerate of you, I'll make sure the DOLLAR menu is available. I got to love those FREE REFILLS and there's always plenty of parking available.

3). HOUSE PARTY - You can host an intimate meal that you prepare and I will not only enjoy it but I will even complement you on its preparation. Not only will I entertain and educate you on lessons learned about education but I will allow you to witness and marvel at my son's ability to eat you out of house and home. My opponents will try and deface this devouring by trying to claim that I am only  trying to get a FREE meal, Well that may be a valid assumption, I mean I do got to stretch those food stamps, I mean, a guy can only eat so much RAMEN NOODLES and generic MAC and CHEESE.

Well it's going to be a LONG campaign and I'm sure that I;ll be abke to come up with many more measures over the course of this coarse political discourse,

No comments:

Post a Comment