Search This Blog

Friday, September 28, 2012

OUT TO RAISE YOUR AWARENESS

There was an EXECUTIVE SESSION last night. They closed the door so I couldn't hear. That's normal business. I am worried though that BROADCASTING these meetings without sound is becoming normal too. Why is that.

Well behind closed doors they talked about MONEY and RAISES. Everybody wants more money unless you are the CAPITAL ONE baby? GREAT COMMERCIAL.

 I only know what the MAYOR announced after they came out from behind closed doors. It seems that everybody got a 2.5% for one year then another 2.5% a year later. They said it was in line with the raises granted the TEACHER'S UNION.

Nothing exciting.....,

EXCEPT...

KEVIN MCHUGH was granted a 2.5% increase for FY13 only. NICE. I don't know how they figured all of this, math is not my strong suit. Looks like they are in fashion for somebody.

ANYWAY, THE RAISE PASSED UNANIMOUSLY

Two bites at the apple. Go figure!

Oh that's what they did.

2 comments:

  1. I am in the process of obtaining the actual dollar amount that these new round of raises will cost us and where exactly the money is coming from. As always, I am sure I will be told that this money was in the budget, but there just was not a line item for it in the budget so they will be taking it from another line item....Isn't this what we are always told by Kevin? I will let you know all the facts and figures as soon as I know them, but if I am not mistaken, there were about a dozen people who got these new round of raises and I am guessing the total figure will be upwards of $43,000. However, I would rather not guess, so I will just have to wait until I get all the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, it sure does PAY to be an administrator at Lynn Pubic Schools. It's too bad it doesn't pay to be a student here!! We already know that something like 81% of our budget goes to paying salaries, but if we actually broke that figure down to find out the dollar amount that is paid to administrative positions, including all the secretaries, I am sure we would find that these positions take up a big chunk of that 81%. In fact, with the millions of dollars we dish out to these positions, you would think we would be a top school district, at least in the top 50%. However, this is not the case.....Instead, we are at the bottom, in the lowest 5%, and clearly dropping now that we are not even the best of the worst any more!!

    ReplyDelete