Search This Blog

Sunday, September 23, 2012

IT MAKES YOU WONDER

Why a princiPAL of a school that had such abysmal MCAS scores was put in charge of the DISTRICT'S curriculum? These are numbers for those who scored PROFICIENT or HIGHER.

INGALLS scores            While the rest of the STATE
gr. 3 READING    40        gr.3 READING      61
gr. 3 MATH          33        gr.3 MATH            61
gr. 4 ENG/LANG  36        gr. 4 ENG/LANG  57
gr. 4 MATH          34        gr. 4 MATH           51
gr. 5 ENG/LANG   42      gr.5 ENG/LANG    61
gr. 5 MATH          36        gr.5 MATH            57
gr. 5 SCI & TECH 24       gr.5 SCI & TECH   52

Now I ask you are those numbers of a leader? Sure I've heard how different URBAN SCHOOLS are. I get that.

BUT.....,

last I looked we are an URBAN SCHOOL and call me crazy, I think we would have picked someone who has a proven track record to bring our curriculum forward. The way I read these numbers maybe we need to start liking where we are at.

I reckon it pays well to speak well of your boss. I wouldn't know, I don't have one (Please don't tell my wife).

No comments:

Post a Comment