Search This Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2012

NOT ENTITLED TO TITLE I?

Now I am not as smart as DR.s LATHAM and WARRY, everybody knows that. I am just a poor, disabled poet.

Still I just don't understand something. I'm hoping someone will help me out here.

Now all throughout everything I read about TITLE I is the mantra "SUPPLEMENT, NOT SUPPLANT".

Seems we got this other grant for pre-K called the ELM grant that is funding some WONDERFUL iniatives. Now it ends SEPT 30 and LSC member DONNA COPPOLA was curious if now that the grant was ending if those teachers would be going back to the classroom like originally promised or were we going to get stuck paying them out of the general appropriation.

OH NO, she was told.

We'll pay for three teachers out of TITLE I and one out of TITLE II.

Now replacing funding of one grant with another sounds more like SUPPLANTING to me than SUPPLEMENTING.

I don't know, I am just a poor, disabled poet.

No comments:

Post a Comment