Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where Was That Marriage Made Again?

My Internet was down this morning, this paranoid poet was having delusions of persecution emanating from all of these conspiracy theories bouncing around in this battered brain I got. Strangers are suddenly friendly to me and then there are those "old friends" that have suddenly turned a cold shoulder. Being a poet is a risky business.

I was late for the start of the PAC meeting because my BFF and I stopped by The Old Tyme Restaurant for Pickering PTO's fundraiser. I gotta support my peeps. Well we waited almost an hour for our food so we ended up getting it to go so we wouldn't miss any more of the meeting. I forgot my red power notebook on the table but the waitress ran it out to our car before we left. It pays to tip well.

When we get there, none other than DR LATHAM was there. With someone of that stature there it was almost like the "royal wedding". As it turns out Dr. Latham was there to bestow the title of "Parent Liaison" on Francis Martinez, formerly of "La Vida".

As it turns out Ms. Martinez has NO children in Special Needs and somebody help me out here, "What is her educational background? I missed that part of the meeting. Did they say why she left "La Vida"? I was at a recent school committee meeting where her former group put on a crackerjack presentation. I thought the school department gave them a 100K for there program. Did all the Spanish population suddenly move out of Lynn and no longer need whatever services "La Vida" provides?

Somebody out there must know how this woman was so much more qualified than me that I didn't even deserve acknowledgement of my interest. I am sure these mystery qualifications must exist because everybody knows how fair and above board the school department has been run.

I was a little bit concerned last night at the PAC though when Ms. Martinez sat  a table with Her Highness Dr. Latham and her court, aristocrats Jessica and Lydia and did not mingle with us other commoners, otherwise known as PARENTS. What's her job title again?

6 comments:

  1. Stanley, do you seriously think you had a chance at this position or again is this your tongue in check humor. I am very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am qualified and probably many others but did anyone else have a chance. If I would have been abe to free up the time I spend writing this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You would have had to apply...do you have a degree? If so, in what? By law usually a Bachelor's in Education is required. If she didn't sit with Dr. L then she'd get fired. She works for the LPS, not the PAC. Was there a posting for this job? Did you actually put it in writing when you applied? In order for them to be there the PAC must have invited them...confused here!

    WHAT DID THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE VOTE ON AND APPROVE AS THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION?

    ReplyDelete
  4. LSC did not vote on the position. I don't think the position was posted. The requirements are not known by me and I go to ALL the LSC meetings. I'm confused too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Find the Consent Decree and see if there's SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS for this position...I believe PARENT IS THE WORD LOL!

    Did you apply in writing? Did you get a letter of rejection? If so, what was the reason for not hiring or interviewing you? Aren't you disabled? Hmmmmm....alot going on here LOL!

    MCAD, MA Labor Commission, MA Disabilities Commission, etc...file a complaint BFF knows how to do it! LOL

    ReplyDelete