Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

FW: Walsh Press Release


I received the following e mail. I thank Clay for responding and as promised I am posting it.

Stan

From: walshclay@hotmail.com
To: stanleywotring@msn.com
Subject: Walsh Press Release
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 11:25:09 -0400

Dear Lynn School Watch readers,

I was arrested for a crime I did not commit.  The arrest in 2008 is a part of my past and I have always spoken openly about it, including during an interview done with the Lynn Item in 2010 when I ran for State Rep.  However, I don't make it a point to bring up to everyone I meet, as I was innocent.  The fact is that I was not convicted of this crime and I have never been convicted of any crime. 

In 2008 I was arrested for a horrible crime called child enticement.  It did not reflect my actions or intentions and was thrown out of court in February of 2010.  The online article fails to mention that the individual in the case had a MySpace page which stated she was 18 years of age along with photos of her drinking tequila.  While a couple of instant message conversations did take place, it was nothing more to me than sexual banter. 

I did not know this online individual, and I never agreed to meet in person.  After my arrest, police seized every computer in my home and a judge confined me to house arrest as a bail condition.  While it was alleged that I "lured" the individual from their home the chats presented as evidence showed that I never arranged a meeting.  It was also brought to the court's attention that I never left my house or attempted to meet the online individual. 

The fact that I was put on house arrest does not mean that I was convicted or guilty.  While I do not agree with it, judges have the option to place individuals on home confinement as a condition of bail.  Ironically, the judge never ordered a dangerousness hearing, which is usually the place those decisions are made.

In regards to other rumors, I do have a facebook account and I have friends or all ages there.  I use my facebook to build my campaign and communicate with friends.  As I am single, I believe that I have the right to date or chat with females who are adults.  Any speculation otherwise is plain witch hunting.

At the end of the day, this online article from the Sun Chronicle is nothing more than allegations.  Its use to smear my name without having my side of the story is disappointing.  I appreciate anyone who shares this story so that my name is cleared.  Those close to me who witnessed my fight through the court process consider me a stronger and individual, who is very capable of fighting for Lynn's future.

Robert Clay Walsh

2 comments:

  1. I love that the 'Watch' has such a following that Press Releases are generated and addressed to its readership. With great power comes great responsibility, Stanley. Please continue to use your powers for good and keep up the transparency! And FYI - I had to create a blog just to be able to sign in and continue to comment. Maybe I'll write too.

    ReplyDelete