Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Pickering Poetry Prima Donnas!

As promised I am posting the two Cole brothers poems which were winners in the "Most Humorous" in the Science category in a Boston College Program. The boys are 6th grade poets from Pickering.

FLAX POND BUDDIES

Here I am on Flax Pond, my favorite place to be.
My name is Olly the Ice Molecule and I'm feeling crazy.

The hockey players are here today skating so close by.
The guys are rough and tough. They shoot, they block they fly.

Winter is ending now. The temperature has increased.
My particles are sliding apart. I will soon be deceased.

Olly iis not ice anymore. What will he be now?
The happy little molecule is pond water-wow.

All of my ice buddies have joined me in the pond.
Our particles are totally loosened and they won't bond.

SPLASH! Some kids just jumped into the "drink".
Swimmers and boaters are here. We won't let them sink.

It's such a hot summer. We might all evaporate.
Weee, I'm being lifted up. This feels so great.

My particles are expanding, as I fly into the air.
Where am I going now? Will my Flax Pond Buddies be there?

                                                                   Matthew Cole


I RULE - I'M AN ICE MOLECULE


Of all the places in the world, how did Iend up here?
A tiny ice molecule, frozen with fear.

I'm stuck on the snowboard of a crazy, daring boy.
Here he goes again trying a double twist with joy!

Ahhh, help me, I'm falling - thud! Oh no.
My particles feel tightly packed as I land in the snow.

The sun s beating down on me. The snowbank's shrinking fast.
I'm feling warmer and warmer. How long will I last?

My molecules are loosening and I'm in a liquid state.
Oh my gosh I'm part of a puddle. What will be my fate?

Wow, I'm feeling so light headed, floating in the atmosphere.
Evaporated into water vapor, what will happen here?

My tiny mind wonders. But I don't know.
They say that the weatherman has predicted snow!


                                                    Christopher Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment