Search This Blog

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Things Just Get Stranger

Sureley it's just a coincidence. The President of The Teacher's Union gets a one year leave of absence on  the same day the school department's business manager getsa 5% pay raise to a $121,000 a year for three years. I don't think they actually mention whether or not it was paid or unpaid.

They did say there was a long history of doing this, so I would guess it is paid. Then that raises the question, "Who pays, the union or the school department". Hmm seems to me, if the union members are then they are not getting their money's worth since they haven't had a raise in three or so years. If it is the school department, bravo to them, their investment is paying off, "Scrooge" got a nice increase.

Something else happened at the last meeting that kind of raised my suspicions. During a little break I was chasing down the prize winning poets or the nationally recognized marching Dogs, looking for a story and the teacher's union asked if I was going to put a positive story in now. Whoa! I HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PRO STUDENT AND PRO TEACHER, WHY WOULD HE MAKE A COMMENT LIKE THAT?

Well he did just get a one year's "leave of absence".

No comments:

Post a Comment