Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

"MUD" Wrestling The Issues (sorry, that is a catchy title)

An interesting thing happened last Wed. night at Clay Walsh's fund raiser, aside from his getting my name wrong (I could retaliate by turning "Clay" into "Mud" -Am I that mean?- but not only did I get a "FREE" invitation, but also he made some key school issues talking points in his campaign platform and for that I won't sick the dogs on him. And let me tell you I made a pretty good friend with Rich Colucci's dog when he gave me a ride home from the mayor's state of the city address. His dog gave up his seat for me. How many of you would do the same?

I am not writing this post to dig up any "DIRT" on anybody (sorry Clay I couldn't resist), I want to give Clay props for recognizing education's importance and recognizing CITY Council's responsibility in seeing that CITY COUNCIL has a part in carrying out any educational plans. After all as I have repeated over and over, half of the city's budget gets shipped down to Commercial St. It blows my mind that the Councillors are content to trust the mayor as chairperson of the LSC with such a huge blank check. All they have to do is ask and I'll save them a seat in the audience at the next LSC meeting.

For all of you fellow parents out there, please call your Councilmen and ask, "Why aren't you all up in the LSC's Kool-Aid?". Our kid's education is all our business.

No comments:

Post a Comment