Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Strange Departure

Looking over the agenda for Thurs. night's upcoming meeting I discovered something interesting. You all know I don' have an advanced degree or much of that other fancy book learning so I am counting on you teachers and maybe some of you administrators to explain something to me.

How after less than a year in the position can the President of your union take a year off? Maybe there are legitimate reasons, but is he going to remain president? How can he adequately represent you if he is not on the job? Where will he be? Is this tantamount to union busting? Help me please

2 comments:

  1. Its a formality. It just means he could go back to his teaching job in a year if he so chooses. He isn't quiting. He is just taking a leave so he can do the job of union rep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The union I am/was in, your union reps work.

    ReplyDelete