Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

New Deputy, Pay Raise For Business Manager But No Librarians And Teachers With No Contract For Three Years

I went t o a LSC meeting last night but before the last gavel came everybody went into one of those Top secret" executive sessions  and the mayor, GQ, "GG"Capano, and John Ford came out of what must have been a sewing circle because somebody's pocket's got lined.

Kevin "Scrooge" McHugh got a 5% raise at a time when we have NO LIBRARIANS, overcrowded classrooms, not enough reading teachers, and I think our teachers have been without a contract for three years. We have 2 Level 4 schools, 3 more supposedly will join them and all but three of our 26 schools failed to make AYP. Please tell me how this raise was justified?

Oh I know, he saved us all that money from cutting out the librarians and not increasing teacher's salaries. Plus he must have helped Dr. Latham find extra money in the budget so we can have another $140,000 employee that PARENTS have to make an appointment to see. Lynn, Lynn, City Of Friends!

Councilman Phelan, I saved a seat for you last night but yo never showed up. I was expecting you. I figured you would be outraged at this display of fiscal irresponsibility. You called for an Ethics investigation for an amount half of Scrooge's PAY RAISE. I've told you CITY COUNCIL needs to watch where the money's going.

2 comments: