Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

It's Dangerous Out There!

Haven't these people heard that poets are an endangered species? First it was Vinnie "GQ" Spirito of LSC taking pot shots at me at Thursday night's LSC meeting and then today at the mayor's "State of the City" she starts the speech by opening up on me and our FRIENDLY disagreements.

Now I remind you mayor is a smart lady, smarter than me, but I can't say she is a better dresser than "GQ" Spirito. He is one sharp dressed man.The point of her verbal lance was how open she was to jousting over issues.

So after listening to her informative monologue, she opened up the forum for questions. Knowing that I am no match for her wits, I was still a little curious about something. Earlier in her speech she had touted the facts that both the city's and school department's budget had been put on line AFTER the budgets had been passed making commenting on it practically irrelevant at least going forward. So after she bragged about putting up the city's budget on-line this year in time to allow or public comment.

Being an inquisitive person I asked why since the school department accounts for about half of the city's budget perhaps maybe we should have the school department's budget on-line before passage. Right after some initial stumbling, the mayor kind of thought it was a good idea but then started laying out these complications like the "school committee would have to approve it and agreeing it was a good idea put the responsibility on THEM.Spoken like a true politician. I TOLD YOU SHE WAS A SMART LADY.

No comments:

Post a Comment