Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thank You Lynn School Committee!

I have a medical appointment in Boston late this afternoon and I just found out that tonight's scheduled meeting of the LSC had been cancelled yesterday. Phew! I don't remember telling anyone that I had this appointment coming up but you know those school people are smart people, doctors and lawyers and such. I wondered why the agenda hadn't been posted like it's supposed to in order to comply with the "Open Meeting" law. Our school people are not ever law breakers!

I feel special even if I am not very pretty. To think all the important educational business came to a halt just because I couldn't go to the meeting. I hear JOHN FORD couldn't have made the meeting either, but they wouldn't have cancelled the meeting for him because even with his absence they would have had a quorum. Business could have went on as usual. Maybe not. Judging from the way the voting went last week, maybe his vote was needed for MONKEY BUSINESS. Still, I would rather think it was cancelled for me. CAN'T A POET GET A LITTLE RESPECT?

No comments:

Post a Comment