Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

Maybe We Should Do Lunch!

‘Let’s all work together,’ says Kennedy in Lynn address

It just proves you never know when you're going to learn something. Here I was sitting in the front row yesterday, all dressed in black and the mayor starts off her speech pointing in my direction. I didn't suppose she was directing those remarks at me. I do have brain damage and it makes me walk a little funny, talk a little funny, and even lead to a mistaken arrest once for public intoxication. The damage has caused me some intellectual deficits and that is why I am not as smart as the mayor. The damage does not however cause me to suffer from delusions of grandeur so I did not think the mayor was talking to me.

So I was shocked after the speech when the mayor came up to shake my hand and told me she hoped that I did not take offense at her singling me out. I didn't, in fact I am kind of honored. I'm just surprised she thinks of me as her enemy. I mean I shaved and got a hair cut, the greatest degree of respect this poor humble poet can show (I learned all of this from my fashion idol "GQ" Spirito).

Standing by my seat I learned something else. In her speech the mayor talked about the delay in building a new middle school to replace Marshall was due to the fact that Lynn had closed three schools, Ford Annex, Fallon, and Facteau- Leary, all of whom had previously receive MSBA funds. I overheard Dr. Latham tell someone our most honorable mayor was wrong, that only Fallon had received MSBA monies and that the real problem was about the money pit that has become the NEW CLASSICAL HIGH SCHOOL.

Do you think somebody could get them to exchange phone numbers?

8 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha... now you're a comedian...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know Stanley, the Mayor and the Super seem pretty chummy at the school committee meetings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obviously the Mayor had the Superintendent take the question because she didn't know the answer - but tell me, what is the story on Fallon and Facteau- Leary schools? The Marshall is being rebuilt on the same lot but the project of rebuilding it was held up because of so many mistakes the city made with schools in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who is the bigger retard? Melissa or Stanley. The scary part is some local school committee members give attention to them. Ignore them they may go away or make some damn good fools of themselves in the process!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon 948, I think you are right the hold up was/is because of past mistakes. here just seems to be a disagreement over which mistakes mattered most.

    Ricky therm is now developmentally disabled. No one uses retard anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  6. With 29,000+ hits - Stanley isn't going anywhere. And considering BFFs stick together - I'm not budging either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was more like we did "salad". We never got to eat our dinners.

    ReplyDelete