Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

No Altered States

Ab avid "Watch" follower asked for and got from Dr. Latham a transcript of a State Of The Schools speech given at a school committee meeting earlier this year. I was at that meeting and the information was given in he superintendent's report. I remember it was a long meeting and attorney Mihos almost falling asleep.

The written transcript was not readily available then. When a concerned citizen asked Dr. Latham after last Sunday's State Of The City address why Mayor Kennedy did not mention more about the schools. A valid question. To her credit Dr. Latham then provided this person with a written transcript of her earlier remarks. That person then forwarded it to me and several other people. I have not had time yet to pour through the speech. I will.

It has been my contention and I have made it known during "open mike" at the LSC meeting that all such documents and communications should be put on-line. That way, pesky bloggers like the one "GQ" Spirito and Madame Mayor refereed to can't accuse them of hiding anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment