Search This Blog

Monday, May 16, 2011

Lack Of PAC

Went to the PAC meeting tonight with my BFF and joined up with three other parents and the new PARENT LIAISON, our meeting room was occupied but it seems like we didn't have enough people anyway. We could not even find the CHAIRMAN DAVE ELLIS.

My BFF made phone calls that went unanswered and because of David's dependability we were asking around if anybody had a police scanner to check on recent car accidents. Finally Melissa gets a call from David's house. He had been on the the side of the building with Lydia Muggeo and a few other people who were wondering where we were.

The confusion did not stop there or maybe I should say began there. It seems that some at the SPED department said they forgot to make the reminder calls that go out to the parents of SPED students. It wasn't like this was n important meeting  anything, only NOMINATIONS were going to be held. I am sure LPS sincerely WANTS the parents to be involved. Look they left the PARENT LIAISON position VACANT for TWO years until they could find the right person for the job.

Anyway my BFF wants the new PARENT LIAISON to have the responsibility for making these reminder calls. That way we would know who to hold responsible. I added that she  could do them in two languages. After all that was a skill that she possesses that made it unnecessary to even give me the courtesy of a "Don't Call Us, We'll Call You" letter. STOP IT, I AM NOT BITTER.

No comments:

Post a Comment