Search This Blog

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Ball's In My Court

Boy I am filled with anticipation and awe. Tomorrow night PAC meeting there is supposed to be the debut of the newly hired PARENT LIAISON. This person is so qualified that not only did I not get an interview for the job, my interest in the position wasn't even ACKNOWLEDGED.

I can't wait to meet this person because those people down at the school department are educated people and have a crack lawyer in attorney Mihos, who wouldn't have let them put themselves in a position where they would open themselves up to a DISCRIMINATION lawsuit. Can you spell ADA?

4 comments:

  1. Stan, The reason that the position wasn't posted was because the job is presently held by someone that had been out on a long term leave. The person who is being introduced tomorrow night is basically a long term substitute until a determination is made on whether or not the person who holds the position is coming back. If she does not come back, the job will have to be posted. In the end, I am glad that the Supt. has recognized that this position needs to be filled and has found someone. I wish her luck and hope that she can help improve communications between parents and the Special Ed Dept. Sorry it didn't work out for you, but jump on the posting, when and if it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stan are being serious when you mention you are interested in the job or is this your tongue in cheek humor?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'll haVe to be a rogue poet. The pay is not as good but NO BOSS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - it's great after two years the Super finally acknowledged that the position needed to be filled (part time) only after I started questioning her about it publically at the 'open mike' sessions of the school committee meetings.

    I love Deb Stone (the past Parent Liaison) but I hope she doesn't come back so that the position can be posted and filled, full time, by a person who has experience advocating FOR children and has special needs children in the Lynn Public School system - because how can this person help parents if they posses neither of these qualifications.

    ReplyDelete