Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

WE'D LIKE TO OFFER YOU THESE CERTIFICATES OF APPRECIATION - "BUT NOT YOU"

At tonight's school committee debate about there were about five or six awards handed out at the close.They were just tokens of appreciation, little symbols of recognition. All of them were deserved but in varying degrees.

It was a time to thank the people and media that has helped ELCA bring attention to the community and to the schools and their problems. HELLO! Sitting beside my BFF, she kept saying you should be getting one of these. Though each time a name was called it didn't sound nothing like mine. I can't say I was surprised, maybe with all the politicians in the audience they were afraid someone would get their forked tongue tied and wouldn't be able to talk out of both sides of their mouth. NO RECOGNITION FOR "THE WATCH".

Maybe I'm wrong. I"ve never made it a secret I'm not good in math and some would say marriages too, but that's another matter. Last time I looked I'm closing in on 50,000 hits. I suddenly have lots of new friends and politiians are clamoring for my attention. At the last LSC meeting JOHN FORD asked me to go easy on him because he was a "senior citizen". Have you noticed JOHN, I have more gray hair than you? Does LPS's drug testing policy cover hair dye? Even so, we both have more hair than the rest of the follically challenged males at the LSC Candidate debate tonight. But I digress.

The ITEM and its reporter got an award. REALLY. How many times have they been inhaling the dust from my stories. Yeah they do a better job at flushing out some of the things you hear here first but...Yeah, I'm opinionated and unabashedly not objective but you know what I'm usually always right. Some people may not like some of my answers but chose to focus on attacking me and not making constructive solutions. I'm not afraid to look at more than one solution and give credit to good ideas.

Now I'll get down off my little soap box and on to analyzing the debate over the next several posts.

2 comments:

  1. "Though each time a name was called it didn't sound nothing like mine."

    It would seem that your math skills come in second to your grammar skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knowledge of grammar I am sure is far superior to mine. That's why I''m a poet,you can blame all your mistakes on "creative license".

    ReplyDelete