Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

HOME SCHOOL, HOUSE RULES OR HOW TO AVOID THE MCAS

"I SO RECOMMEND" I have been listening Dr. Latham echo those words every time in the past eighteen months or so every time a proposal for home schooling comes up before the LSC. I know the definitions of all the words but I really didn't know what they really meant. Not until the last LSC meeting.

Here I thought the MCAS was like death and taxes, no one can avoid them. Just like in the three marriages before this one, I was wrong. I learned at the last meeting "home school boys" don't have to play that game. I'm short on details but it seems that these "la casa academic" not only don't take the test, LPS does not get any monies for their education. Where does the money go?

No comments:

Post a Comment