Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

PLANTING OF A PLAQUE

FROM "THE HIGHLANDS WATCH"

Tonight was the Harrison Harley Memorial Celebration/Fundraiser (Harry was all about raising money). All of the money raised has been committed to be directed to the completion of the construction of the HARRISON HARLY HOOP HOUSE (I can not take credit for that eloquent example of alliteration ecstasy, I wish I could).

Politicians were more prolific than weeds in the garden tonight. From the LYNN CITY COUNCIL CANDIDATES TIM PHELAN, DAN CAHILL, RICH COLUCCI (all incumbents) accompanied by HONG NET, CLAY WALSH, and (my man) CEF ROSA. The LSC CANDIDATES present were RICK STARBARD,MARIA CARRASCO (both LS members) and seeking election for the first-time were CHARLIE GALLO and DELORES DIFILLIPO (Hey I think I spelled it right).

Harry would have been thrilled at the level of attention this event garnered and was smiling down at the fact NICK and ANDY jumped at the opportunity to make this a "teaching moment" with an explanation of aquaponics and the use of fish poop to produce green food. Does anyone want a slice of watermelon?

9 comments:

  1. hey stan. heard that the mayors aide gardie sent out mass text messages to the city of lynn telling them who to vote for in the primary. it is all over city hall and the city. do your homework to see if this is true. now that would be a story to write about. is that even legal? only happens in lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. who did they tell everyone to vote for? Buzzy? I know the mayor is against residency and the firemen got her elected on that issue so I am guessing that is why the unions and Mayor are backing Buzzy despite I heard she was even embarrassed by Buzzy's ability to speak at debate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you mean lack of being able to speak.
    things like this only happen in lynn. no one looks to see if someone is qualified. so so so sad. but glad to see some new comers did very well. i heard they were not on the list. i guess change will happen with out a push from the mayor's office.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Explain change - Buzzy has Duffy's seat. Can Hong get Crowley's seat? I don't consider Buzzy change and it is an insult from the Item discussing that Buzzy is black. How is that relevant any more?

    If Hong gets on, that is the only change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Buzzy does have the buzz around town. I never got any text messages or I haven't heard of any. If they exist I am sure they are carefully worded to be "legal". Still words are my game and if anybody has a copy, please show it to me. The fireman connection is obvious and the mayor has a right as a citizen to have opinions. Still there are limits I'm sure to her expression. But who am I to say, 4 wives remeber.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfortunately Stanley, you still did not spell Dolores' name correctly. It's D-O not D-E. Think: She's going to DO good for the children of Lynn. Also if you download Google Chrome, it'll spell check and catch that you have spelled her name wrong. Google Chrome also comes with Angry Birds which is reason enough to download it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh and BTW, I am for residency. Especially for Police, Firefighters, and even Teachers. The more people who hold those jobs and live here and have children go to school here - the better Lynn will be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As far as the spelling goes, the only thing I can spell right, right now is P*A*I*N. My knee is killing me. I can't even walk to pick up a check that LPS probably has for me. DEE shoul think about changing the spelling of her name to make it easier for me.

    As far as residency, having a vested interest in the community is a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. agree with melissa. again.
    yes stan. there is a list. poet oe not, do your homework and i am sure you will find someone close by who got the text message.
    mayors aide is trying to ruin the mayor. it is a plan just like her old chief of staff. they are all working together and she does not see it and does nothing about it.

    ReplyDelete