Search This Blog

Sunday, July 13, 2014

THE RELIGION OF RAISES - DOLLAR DAZE III

Funny last year the salary percentage of the budget was a little over 80%. I have been told that's pretty standard, so I accepted it as financial gospel. Imagine my surprise when I did the same calculations this year and found the percentage had risen to a little over 83%.

Now since I'm pretty sure those teachers in overcrowded classrooms didn't get no 3% raise this year and all those line items for principals and administrators are the same as last year, why is that?

4 comments:

  1. They lied to you. Call the state for the real answer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I AM SHOCKED! Who would want to lie to little ole me? I am ust a pathetic poet.

      Delete
  2. Because when the pay increases, the "benefits" also increase. By benefits, I mean anything that is a percentage of salary.

    ReplyDelete