Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

SCHOOL NEWSPAPERS REBORN - DOLLAR DAZE III

I am sure quite a few of you out there will come up with stories of a longstanding tradition. Frankly I got to question that. When I first approached DR CRANE about starting a student newspaper at FORD both of my kids were there in the FIFTH GRADE there. They are entering the TENTH grade now. That was the year before I did my VOLUNTEER LIBRARIAN thing. The continued production of the paper there was spotty and carried on by others. It is a difficult task.

HOWEVER.....

over the years I have seen a couple schools actually restart papers and make presentations at an LSC meeting. FORD may have started the trend but never got LSC notice. Maybe because of me, "Just call me ROD,....LIGHTENING ROD". I did get a newspaper article in the ITEM at the time and my son even mugged for the camera when presenting the first edition to one of the MAYOR'S former aide.

Now I notice in this year's LPS budget, it looks like a few schools have line items for newspaper supplies that didn't exist last year. Now I am not taking credit for starting a TREND......well not COMPLETE credit.

What's next....POETRY SLAMS?

No comments:

Post a Comment