Search This Blog

Friday, July 18, 2014

CALL FROM THE BULL PEN

The WATCH has become SIGNIFICANT. True to his word, Congressional candidate RICHARD TISEI called me this morning to talk about his views on IMMIGRATION REFORM.

Given all of the attention being generated around the UNACCOMPANIED MINOR problem and how it affects LPS, his views are important for the district. I profusely thanked him for actually returning my inquiries. It doesn’t happen very often. In fact, he was first at least lately. Maybe I thought I detected a little quiver in is voice. Perhaps he was a little nervous because I do have a rep for turning a phrase. Face it, many a time: THE SPIN STARTS HERE!

I have been asked about what I asked and what his position on this and that was. You know what? I don’t care. Well I mean I do but at the NAVS game I told him I was interested in one thing – the UNACCOMPANIED MINORS as it relates to LYNN SCHOOLS. Besides I only have so many minutes a month on my phone plan. I am not good talking anyway.

To make a short story even shorter, he agreed with the efforts of our MAYOR and would work to help steer funding this way. Let’s be honest who wouldn’t say that? Yea, sliced bread is a good thing.

Okay, now we begin to get in to the MEAT of the exchange. His answer would be a two-pronged attack. First he would secure the borders. He really never said how he would do that or where the money to do that would come from. That’s gotta mean a lotta money for the BORDER PATOL agents (or whatever GOVERNMENT agency has morphed into). Have I ever told you my uncle retired from the IMMIGRATION DEPARTMENT? He had a pretty good job there, traveling across the country and a few others across the border. He even taught SPANISH.

The next prong would be to treat contiguous and non-contiguous immigrants the same. Everyone would be required to go through the same process. Sounds fair, good even.

BUT…..


let’s think about what that REALLY means. Pretty much eliminating the REFUGEE status or at least redefining it almost out of existence. Maybe the time has come to do that but lets not be afraid to say exactly what it is we are going to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment