Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

YOU LIKE ME, YOU REALLY LIKE ME (APPARENTLY NOT ENOUGH OF YOU)

I would have been on earlier with my ACCEPTANCE SPEECH but hey my Internet has been spotty. I know that usually an ACCEPTANCE SPEECH implies you won something and well you can see from the vote totals that I didn't win nothing. Looks like the only reason I didn't finish in 10th place was due to the fact only 9 of us were running. That sounds like LOSING to me.

Luckily it was only a Primary and since so few of us were running, everyone was a WINNER so......

I humbly ACCEPT your 780 votes and am sincerely grateful for the opportunity to be able to accept your many gestures of confidence in my ability.

This is only the second election I have ever ran in and unfortunately I didn't win that one either.  Previously I did run for vice-president of the student council for my eighth-grade class. Ours was a 1 through 9 school and there were probably less than 500 kids in the whole school.

I never had a budget for that campaign either. Do you see a pattern developing here?

Anyway thanks to all of you who did vote for me and congratulations for having enough core principles that your vote couldn't be bought!

SEE YOU IN NOVEMBER!

4 comments:

  1. It was the teacher's union slap at you to stop going against them with the location of the Marshall Middle School. Good fight Stan!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment! Sorry, I think you are right in your comment.

      Delete
  2. 780 is a great number considering the unions bullet vote. When the real community comes out to vote, your numbers will rise.

    ReplyDelete