Search This Blog

Friday, September 20, 2013

FRIDAY NIGHTS ALRIGHT FOR FIGHTING

I know, I know, I've been told "There's nothing wrong with networking"/ I do it myself, it's called campaigning. Some people say complaining is just crying "SOUR GRAPES". Maybe but since I spent nothing, well that's what I got to lose. The way I see it, the truth comes at a price that someone else is going to pay for,

Here is a copy of my latest exchange with MARY AUDLEY, Chief of Elections"
Mary,

I was not absolutely sure they got the Block Grant. I did happen to be at the meeting the Council voted to approve the Grant but I did not see a list of particulars. Working for the State, I know there are restrictions and a protocol on our political activity.

It makes me wonder if the Friday Night Family Support Group declared their intent to be political in their application for the Block Grant and does the Council make it a habit to support groups that advocate a specific person. My past work with non-profit and 503c corporations that their position was strictly educational.

I have written to MSPCC/PAL to get further clarification. If you would like I will share the results with you.

Stan


From: maudley@lynnma.gov
To: stanleywotring@msn.com
Subject: RE: Friday Night Family Support Group
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 13:28:06 +0000

Hi Stanley,

Sorry I did not get right back to you.  I was waiting for the Law Department to get back to me. 
The Citizen’s Advisory Board decides what groups get funding from the Block Grant.  The Lynn City Council does not have the authority to award any funding and merely ratifies the decision of the Board.  In addition, the money awarded through the Block Grant is not city money.  There is no violation of law for this group to back a candidate.
If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Mary A.

HOW DOES THAT GO, "THE SOURER THE GRAPES, THE SWEETER THE WHINE!".

No comments:

Post a Comment