Search This Blog

Saturday, September 14, 2013

FINANCE AS A SECOND LANGUAGE

The GRANTS subcommittee chaired by CHUCK gave a glowing report how we got this ginormous $350,000 ELL Gateway Cities grant over the summer. One thing though it was secured through the efforts of DR.WARRY as part of HER JOB. Remind me again why we are paying full-time a grants writer person for and just how much have they secured? While we're at it I think it's time for an update on what that part-time PRIVATE-PARTNERSHIP person has brought in yet?

Well let's look at what we did get. That would be $350,000 and near as I can tell less than 30 kids benefited from it. My Math ain't none too good but near as I can figure out that's over $10,000 per student. My figuring can;t be too wrong cause it seems that the STATE thought our program was a tad expensive..

It would have been appropriate to have purchased a DVD collection of old I LOVE LUCY episodes for the students to learn how to speak English because the way that money was spent.....

"YOU GOT SOME SPLAINING TO DO!"

No comments:

Post a Comment