Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

LORI, I WAS THERE!


Friends of the LYNN PAC · 97 like this
13 hours ago near Lynn · 
  • On behalf of the PAC, I would like to thank all the parents who participated in tonight's meet-and-greet. It was heartening to see so many of you dedicated to improving services for special needs children in the city of Lynn.

    I apologize to those who wished to speak on behalf of school committee candidates in the upcoming election (the PAC is a subcommittee of the school committee and cannot endorse candidates).

    We look forward to working with all of you, and I would like to invite all parents to our next business meeting, to be held on October 7th.

    Thank you,
    1Unlike ·  · 
    • You and 3 others like this.
    • April Isabelle Ordonez I had planned on going, but my day didn't end up as planned. Didn't get home until 6:15 and we still had dinner to make and homework to do. Hopefully next meeting!
      12 hours ago via mobile · Unlike · 2
    • Connie Black The following is the excerpt from Section 3 of Chapter 71B that pertains to PACs: 
      "…. The school committee of any city, town, or school district shall establish a parent advisory council on special education." BOOM.
    • Dalene Basden BOOM? Section 3 of Chapter 71B goes on to state " Membership shall be offered to all parents of children with disabilities and other interested parties. The parent advisory council duties shall include but not be limited to: advising the school committ...See More
      9 hours ago · Like · 2
    • Lori D'Amico Yes I believe you are confused about what a subcommittee is. A subcommittee is committee composed of members of a larger committee. Therefore, PAC is not a subcommittee of the school committee.
      2 hours ago · Like · 1
    • Lori D'Amico Where can I find the PAC bylaws?
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC This is Shawn Tarasuik. Join the PAC if you want the Bylaws. I can not believe what I am reading here. Melissa Romaniello and Darlene, you both quit the PAC never to come back when the pressure was on. Lori, and from my standpoint, you are a instigator...See More
      2 hours ago via mobile · Like
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC Melissa, You are wrong...You never expressed anything to us..You totally ignored our calls..Never explained why you were not there and left Lisa and I to explain to Dave Ellis why we want to have him removed..Remember that conversation? You wanted to be chairperson? You left us to do your dirty work and then never showed up...
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC I am out of the Great City of Lynn due to my job with the Department of Defense however I am not that far away. I never heard from anyone about your family issues and the council will concur with me that you just got up and left. You quit. It is what it .
    • Lori D'Amico Shawn, all I did was merely point out what a subcommittee was because whoever wrote your post clearly did not know and I asked where I could find the bylaws because I was curious. If you feel this is being an instigator then that is your opinion and y...See More
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC I do not know who chimed in about doing your dirty work, but it wasnt me. Maybe I should call Chris Stevens or Thor of the Lynn Item and share my story seeings that I am out of Lynn and no longer the chair...
    • Lori D'Amico Also, I do not believe I or anyone else needs to join the PAC to get a copy of the bylaws. I believe they are public records, but I will look into that. Perhaps the name of the this group should be changed because based on what I am reading from those in charge of it, there is nothing friendly about you.
    • Dalene Basden Shawn, you don't know me. I don't have to answer to you or anyone as to why I choose to participate or not on any committee, council or forum. This forum could generate healthy discussions of differing opinions but the negativity is not productive.
      about an hour ago via mobile · Like · 1
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC Melissa, your wrong...You never expressed that to us...And while we are on the subject..You also never answered Laurie's calls about her daughters paperwork..She tried forever to get them back from you, and again you never responded to that...What the ...See More
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC Melissa, Please stop the lying..I am not going any further with this because this is not my battle...but i'm sure Laurie had a different story about this then your telling..
    • Lori D'Amico Stanley Wotring, perhaps you should copy this entire thread and post it on your blog. The comments made by those who chair, co-chair, or are members, are an eye-opener to say the least. It is very clear to me why I have heard so many negative things about the Lynn PAC and the issues they have.
    • Tom Bishop Melissa, I wrote the post. After hearing about how your group tried to commandeer the meeting and make a grand speech, I figured it would be nice to clarify, without naming names. So on the "council/subcommittee" point, I guess you win. In the upcoming election, however, heh, good luck with that.
    • Friends of the LYNN PAC This is Shawn. You just lost more votes. Why not post more things on your FB page of inappropriate relationships and the philosophy behind them. That is all.
    • Marion Williams I agree, she got a great IEP, but you dropped the ball as to giving her back her paperwork and ignoring her calls..That is what I mean with not following through...This is the problem Melissa Romaniello
    • Tom Bishop And wanted to be introduced... you forgot that part.
    • Tom Bishop So in your spirit of semantic nitpicking, is that in the Bylaws?
    • Marion Williams I spoke to Dalene when I seen her at stop and shop about you giving a call to Laurie..Told her you were ignoring her calls and she said she would talk to you..You were ignoring her...
    • Tom Bishop Melissa, the term 'subcommittee' does not have to describe specific Subcommittees of the LSC (like Finance, for example). The word can certainly describe a group created by the LSC according to Mass law to advise on special education issues. As co-chai...See More


Lori, I think maybe you need a little background before jumping in here! I was at the beginning and end of the meeting, taking time out to go to a parent's meeting for TECH FOOTBALL. Trippy even used MELISSA'S phone to call me as we got our wires crossed about meeting up.

I was in the meeting at the beginning. In fact I was the first one there since I was down that way holding my sign. When FRANCES, the PAC LIAISON came to unlock the doors I put my sign away in a black plastic bag because I was not there to be political. I was there as a parent. I am not stupid, it was politically smart to be there but my EGO isn't so big as to be the main reason. ALMOST/

I never got introduced as a candidate. No one was. No LSC member was there either. MELISSA came in after the main intros were done. DALENE came in as I was going to the football meeting so I personally did not witness that exchange.

The meeting was informal and informational and it was not intended to be confrontational or combative.

Had ...MELISSA BEEN THERE  FROM THE BEGINNING. She might have asked some specific questions about the new reading program that the middle schools have. That is her issue and she does know a lot. Of course that wouldn't have made the GRANDSTANDS.

I have been with the PAC a few years, even serving as TREASURER and on the BOARD. I did not like the way the PAC was being run. I thought it was too stuffy and the kids got lost in the strict formalities of ROBERT'S RULES. As a voting BOARD member, I joined MELISSA in a coup to oust the sitting chair, He got wind and resigned so no vote was necessary/. MELISSA was anointed to take over the group.

I got parental obligations that made it impossible to attend the meetings last year. I know letters from LPS were left unanswered and finally SHAWN and LISA stepped up when it became clear MELISSA was not going to. I think her new job caused her to have some time constraints but don't quote me on that.

Anyway even though I couldn't attend the meetings, I did try to give them positive promotional pieces in line with the direction SHAWN was trying to take the group. Also I realized I can be a lightning rod and I didn't want the positive strides the group was trying to make to be damaged from stray shots at me.

About last night, I believe there is nothing in the by-laws that would have prohibited the candidates from being introduced. I go to these sort of things a lot and I see it all the time. But you know what..........?

THERE'S NOTHING THAT SAYS THEY HAVE TO BE EITHER!

19 comments:

  1. Stan, it was not necessary to give a background on the meeting, at least not for my benefit. I never questioned anything about what did or did not take place at the meeting, nor did I believe or state that I thought the candidates should or should not be introduced. I also never stated what I thought was in or not in the bylaws. In fact,I have no idea what the bylaws even are because I have never seen them, which is why I asked the very simple question, "Where can I find the PAC bylaws?" I tagged you in the conversation and thought you should put the post on your blog because I could not believe the inappropriate behavior and comments by some members of this group. The students of Lynn deserve better from the people who are suppose to be representing them. It is clear to me why the group is so poorly run and faces so many issues and conflict, but hey what do I know, I am just an instigator ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you do and why you do it. I did the same thing. The background info was not provided for you alone. Everybody needs all the facts to make the right decisions.

      Delete
  2. Omg....now I see why you people dont have constructive jobs in society

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently you don't either if you have the time to be following this.

      Delete
  3. Funny all of Melissa Romanello's comments were deleted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie You are an instigator, You just want to stir the crap pot...It's over and done with...Let it be..I'm sure there must be something else to chase...Remember, if you stir the crap pot, your going to come out smelling of crap

      Delete
    2. Ah, yet another anonymous voice in the crowd. Clearly based on Shawn's comments below, it is not over and done with for some people and it appears I am not the one instigating and wanting to 'stir the crap pot' I think the whole issue is absurd, but as long as people keep talking about it, the more outrageous things will get (as is evident by Shawn's comment below) Facebook is a public social media outlet. If a person or group such as Friends of Lynn PAC have a public facebook page, they should expect and be able to handle all comments made by the public. If they thought a comment was inappropriate, all they had to do and should have done was delete it. If they have personal issues with people, they should handle those issue like adults, and certainly not on the group's facebook page.

      Delete
    3. Those must have been interesting comments from Melissa for her to delete them. Afraid it will affect her campaign. Maybe she should learn to think before speaking. Now that would help her campaign.

      Delete
  4. It's okay about Melissa's comments, I converted her the whole thing to a pdf file, also her FB postings of inappropriate content. I already called the Lynn Item and they want to get there hands on it as it will make a great story. I think I may forward it to LynnHappens too. It would make for a great piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shawn, you are better at this computer stuff than me. Everything was up when I first posted it. I guess I should have pdf'ed it/

      Delete
    2. I think the citizens of Lynn need to see those kinds of things, they need to see her true character. If she can't handle herself appropriately in conversations within groups, we don't need individuals like that on the School Committee. Appears she only went to the meeting to promote herself, so inappropriate.

      Delete
    3. I wasn't going to comment, but since Shawn has everyone believing Melissa was the one who made inappropriate comments, I felt I had to. It was actually the members of PAC and non-members like Shawn, who made inappropriate comments. While Melissa did continue to respond and probably should not have, she did not say anything rude or inappropriate. PAC made such an inappropriate comment about Melissa and other parents, that they deleted it a few moments later. (Some of us also have copies of the conversation, including this deleted comment, which I am sure Shawn's version does not include) If PAC really thinks they did nothing wrong or inappropriate, why did they delete the entire post off their Facebook page? If they believed it was only Melissa who made inappropriate comments, they would not only have kept the post on their site, but they would be sharing it everywhere, including here. Shawn obviously has it out for Melissa for whatever reasons, and he is using social media to vent these issues because she is running for school committee. Shawn is not even a resident of Lynn, so I don't know why he is even involved in the first place.

      Delete
    4. Maybe someone should share the "original and unaltered" message thread with Cheryl Mennino in Special Education and even Dr. Latham. If the PAC is a group that is in fact a "subcommittee" of the School Committee and represent our special education parents then they should know what transpired.

      Delete
  5. I have already sent the thread to all the LSC candidates. They all have copies except for Stanley and Melissa. Check out the Lynn Item Mon or Tues. And I already sent it the Mayor and the super.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you send the thread before or after you deleted the extremely rude and inappropriate comment left by the PAC? And just what do you hope to accomplish? Melissa didn't say anything rude or inappropriate, your friends did, as did you. What you may accomplish is showing the parents of Lynn how childish and inappropriate the PAC group is. I have already heard parents talking about it after reading your post. Sorry to say Shawn, but it was not Melissa they were talking about, it was you and the group. It is hilarious to me that you actually think the school committee members, mayor or the superintendent have any authority regarding this. John Ford called one of the most loved and respected principals in the city a f-ing a@%hole and f-ing disgrace at a public school committee meeting and on live TV. Do you really think anyone is going to care that Melissa defended herself against your attacks on facebook? You are no longer a resident of Lynn....move on!

      Delete
    2. Let sleeping dogs lie/ I am not sure what anyone is talking about what was said, nothing will happen. You are right worse things have been said. This is clearly about more than what transpired that night. By keep defending Melissa's honor only ends up backfiringand generating more publicity.

      Delete
  6. Geez, I don't think I actually said anything derogatory about no on, but my daughter calls me saying there's talk.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will say this. Shawn defended this Nation for 24 years and came home to do better things. It was Shawn and the current pack that revitalized the relationship between the LYNNPAC and the Lynn Schools. He is a Combat Veteran of multitude wars and conflicts. He came back to Lynn to start something GREAT for Lynn. Just because he had to move due to his job does not make him an outsider now. He has done more with the LYNNPAC then previous chair people. And knowing him personally, he will come back to help at any time. Shawn is not running for LSC, his record speaks for itself, I am not sure if Melissa's does. I wish Shawn would have stayed, he would have been a great politician. You never know, he might just move back here.

    ReplyDelete