Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

WHERE DO YOU WANT YOUR MONEY TO GO?

Well we hire a new head of the Science curriculum. Isn't that special?

Now before there was poetry there was science. Then I went to college with some smart people cracked a few eggs, had my brain scrambled, and got hung up on that chicken and egg contravention. I was a Chemistry man, I never liked Biology anyway (you wouldn't know that with my string of marriages). I always said,"If you accept Darwin then ya got nothing left. you're done, Boring!

So I was a wondering why we made this move before we got MCAS results on how well the KNOW ATIM experiment made out? Remember there was this grant or grants to pay for it's implementation in a FEW schools which was met with GREAT results. Unfortunately they said it was too cost prohibitive to roll out in all the schools and it was quashed.

Not so fast, MARIA came to the rescue and suddenly the money was found and there was the assumption the money that had been set aside for this position was re-targeted for the McScience-in-a-box. KNOW-ATOM program. \

I have two questions:

1). hOW'D WE DO?

and

2). ARE WE DOING IT AGAIN?

Let me explain something about THE SCIENTIFIC METHOD for those administrators in their new clubhouse on BENNETT STREET.

First you make a hypothesis. In this case that would be that this KNOW ATOM will work wonders. Okay then you run the experiment and get the results, in this case MCAS scores. Once you have the data (I  know you love that word) then you rework your hypothesis to try and get the desired result.

It looks like here we decide to go for a second hypothesis before we knew what the results of the first one were. I hear underground rumblings that the program was pretty successful. I know it is expensive but I would rather spend money on kids than salaries that are often payback for political purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment