Search This Blog

Saturday, September 21, 2013

WILL THE VOICE GO SILENT?

You know the Internet is a wonderful and powerful tool. You can discover lots of things rather quickly. No doubt plenty of you will consider me a cry baby or sore loser. I've worked a few years with behaviorally and psychologically challenged male adolescents so you will have to do better than that. Besides it may well be true, I can be those things.

I am talking about the FRIDAY FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP and their ringing endorsement of my BFF (Bye Former Friend) and active working for the candidacy of LYNN SCHOOL COMMITTEE CANDIDATE MELISSA ROMANELLO. She has positioned herself as the VOICE of the parent. No doubt voices are being heard.

The real question is what other voices are we hearing and do they know they are being heard. First lets go to one of the FFSG’S web sites, http://www.bostoncentral.com/events/parent/p23755.php . Look at who gives them money: DMH, MSPCC, PAL, and the Lynn YMCA. Although not listed, I think they also got BLOCK GRANT money from the CITY COUNCIL. That presents a host of potential problems.

Apparently there is not a problem with the city’s money and conflicts. That is according to their LAW DEPARTMENT since the council just rubber stamps a recommendation. The thing is lawyers are wrong half the time. That is just how the system works. For one side to win, the other has to lose. Even if they are right, the PERCEPTION is that our CITY COUNCIL is sponsoring specific candidates.

Of course, that is not the only problem. There is DMH, the Department of Mental Health. They are part of a branch of State government. Now I know from my years working for DMR (Department of Mental Retardation) that certain political activities are prohibited. There are laws about ETHICS.

And there is the Lynn YMCA, I do believe their articles of incorporation as a non-profit prohibits them from engaging in certain activities. I am not exactly sure of the status of the other groups involved. I would guess they are non-profit too That would mean that the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE would have jurisdiction over determining if a violation has occurred and assessing the appropriate penalties,


WONDER WHAT SONG THAT VOICE WILL SING NOW?

2 comments:

  1. Dont let the rain stop youSeptember 22, 2013 at 3:52 AM

    i understand now

    at first it was untasty to read you attacking your friend but if she was a real friend she would stop to tell these groups to do the right thing. she wouldn't be asking to be the 4th vote. what about the 5th or 6th? her campaign irked you cause it left you out to dry.

    she looked out after melissa and you now looking out for stanley.

    unfortunate since you both were looking out after the kids together.

    both of you need to correct things and get back on treack as a union to help the kids. campaign together

    dont let the others you both disagree with take the lead. no one wins

    ReplyDelete
  2. My loyalty is to the TRUTH and what's best for the kids. I held my piece, I went easy on her and then she had my daughter calling me asking why MELISSA is calling me a jerk. All I did was analyze her responses that she posted to a NEIGHBOR TO NEIGHBOR QUESTIONNAIRE. Everybody knows that's what I do and I have even toned down my rhetoric since I started running. That has been hard for me. In the past she has encouraged me to be even more viscous in my attacks of certain committee members.

    We have always disagreed on CHARTER SCHOOLS. In fact SHE is the only challenger or incumbent that favors them. Check the DEBATE on Lynncam.

    My work with her on SPED PAC brought to light her opportunistic and self-serving agenda.

    ReplyDelete