Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

LATHAM'S LINE IN THE SAND

I went to last night's city council meeting. Did you see me on LYNNCAM?

I wanted to hear LUCKY'S LITANY on MARSHALL'S FUNDING.

I was HAPPY to hear that she is now saying we won't have to come up with a 100% upfront, forecasting the need for a smaller bond than the MAYOR said at the last LSC meeting.

EXCEPT.....

if you listen closely to what she said in the end we could be stuck with a much LARGER bill than previously thought. We learned that the LUCRATIVE match we have actually has a LIMITED CAP. Anything that goes over, the city is stuck with. Thankfully, there are rarely cost overruns in construction.

PLUS.....,

we are left with 100% of the cost of any property acquisitions. WE OWN THAT.

That is one reason I am for building on site. That will keep costs down.

PLUS.....,

I think I heard that the MSBA will not cover the cost of ENVIRONMENTAL CLEAN-UP. Here we go again.

CLASSICAL MAY HAVE BEEN BUILT ON QUICKSAND BUT MARSHALL WILL BE BUILT ON SHIFTING SANDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment