Search This Blog

Thursday, October 4, 2012

WU WOWS BUT AT WHAT COST?

 Initiative aims to make playtime safer for students
In my best ELMER FUDD voice I say, "WEALLY". You know us poets like alliteration. We are paying the good doctor, a HARVARD HEAVY, around $90,000 and we get a program where our kids jump rope together.

I am sure teachers all over the city monitor recess and I think it is insulting to them to imply that they didn't know how to do their job.

Let's look closer at the following statement:

They needed to be organized, said Deb Sugerman, a trainer with Playworks, a nonprofit California-based company that was brought in to train teachers on how to lead organized play.

That means that in addition to WU's salary, we are paying someone to come in and teach the teacher's HOPSCOTCH. 

Call me crazy but I think the money would be better spent on getting things to play with instead of salaries for someone to sit in an office.

1 comment:

  1. When I went to NSCC, I had a teacher who used to comment every class on how sad it was driving past the schools in Lynn. She could not believe the kids did not have any equipment to play with or on and that the so called school yards were also parking lots.

    ReplyDelete