Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

WATCH WHAT HAPPENS NOW

level of concern over incident

Stanley Wotring 
8:59 AM (0 minutes ago)
to LATHAMC

LYNN SCHOOL WATCH
781  714-5614




Dr. Latham,

I am writing you today with a matter of grave concern. Recently I was made aware of an incident involving a student of Sisson Elementary School. Keep in mind I only know of the facts as relayed to me by the parents so they may be somewhat skewed but still I find the bare elements of it troubling.

I believe earlier this week a child was involved in some sort of incident in which some front teeth were knocked out. The parent was notified via a call from the school nurse who evidently downplayed the seriousness of the injury.

However when the child came home it became evident that the injury was much more severe than they felt they had been led to believe. I have seen pictures of the child and I am appalled at the lack of attention paid to this matter. In order for the front teeth to be knocked out, the impact of the blow or fall must have been quite substantial.

Because of my personal experience with head injury, I know all too well the life-altering consequences brain trauma can have. I am sure you share my concern as evidenced by the LPS policy of even having band members take the same baseline test that all football players take.

There are many questions surrounding this incident, not the least of which is the matter of parental protocol. I trust you will thoroughly investigate this matter.

Sincerely,

Stanley H. Wotring, Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment