Search This Blog

Friday, November 22, 2013

TAKING ON TITLE 1 ENGLISH STYLE

Last year LYNN ENGLISH got about $140,000 in TITLE 1 funds. The funds were used to buy every student a book that the whole school used as part of the summer reading requirement. The remaining balance was used to purchase SMART boards for classrooms that didn't have one.

This year's money hasn't come in yet but ........the plan is to spend it much the same way, I mean, there are a few classrooms left that need them. To be totally clear, MR. STRANGIE did solicit the input of the COUNCIL. He even told them to think about it.

I do wonder though, I thought a certain percentage, 10% I believe, has to be targeted in the area of parent engagement. I could be wrong. I mean, that's probably why they wouldn't let me speak!

No comments:

Post a Comment