Search This Blog

Monday, November 18, 2013

"NOT ME, I DON'T DISCRIMINATE!"

Ed plan barely passes

I think DR. LATHAM and the committee members, CHARLIE GALLO, JOHN FORD, and RICK STARBARD think they must carry the mantle as PROTECTOR of EDUCATION. I applaud them all if that was wgat they aspired to do. I like someone who does things for the principle of something. You know, like running for school committee and REFUSING to take DONATIONS.I can respect that, even when I disagree.

BUT.......

I am not convinced that's what happened here, You see, in the time I have been covering the LSC I can only remember one other time parents were put through such a wringer and guess what. It was THEM. Remember I wrote about it LAST HALLOWEEN. Once again the ITEM sucks my journalistic DUST. Don't forget, I am not a reporter, just a parent who is nothing but a poor, disabled poet.

Did you ever wonder what the REAL story is behind this willingness to fly in the face of CASE LAW.Is it the EDUCATIONAL LEVEL of the parents? I kind of doubt it. I mean I've never heard it raised before and this time because of the parents' disabilities both will be around FULL-TIME to instruct the kids.

WAIT A MINUTE.....

what's that you say, they are DISABLED? Well that puts things in a little different light. LPS does have a record of singling out and persecuting other DISABLED people by BLOCKING their e mail and PREVENTING them from writing their child's school and communicating about progress.

You know, many people say that the DISABLED are the LAST sehement of society to afforded their CIVIL RIGHTS. Maybe it's really their HUMAN RIGHTS.

3 comments:

  1. “We feel pretty confident they are not making progress year to year” Did Dr. Latham really say this? How many of the 15,000 students under her educational care are making progress year to year? “I worry that comes back to haunt us. It concerns me a child in the future might say, ‘Why didn’t you help me?’ Again, Dr. Latham should be more concerned about one of the 15,000 students under her care coming back to ask this very question? If LPS was a high performing school district, rather than one of the lowest in the state, perhaps it would be acceptable for Dr. Latham to make those comments. However, the fact that half of our schools are level 3 indicates to me that a significant number of LPS students are not making progress year to year either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Boy LORI, you sure do ask good questions.

      Delete
    2. Lori, I thought the same question when I read the quote “We feel pretty confident they are not making progress year to year”.

      What about many of the LPS schools in general?

      Delete