Search This Blog

Thursday, May 16, 2013

OH NO! HERE WE GO AGAIN


No, I'm NOT talking about another building debacle like when they built CLASSICAL. Besides I kind of like sinking floors. No with the new MARSHALL it's the BOND that's in danger of sinking. People just don't feel like paying more taxes when they see the SUPERINTENDENT making $200,000 and a host of others making six figures. Not many homeowners much less parents work in that neighborhood.

To add insult to injury then they come up with a plan to ship off some poor babies to a refurbished retrofitted warehouse for over half a million dollars. The wheels on the bus go round and round. The SUPER in her leased car goes to the bank, goes to the bank, all year long!

Well some parents got angry, you see and they started this petition and they got 159 certified names in three weeks since the vote approving the plan. It wasn't me honest! Although......to be honest I did help gather a few signatures  You see, it's my hobby. If I remember my CITY CHARTER correctly that mandates the SECRETARY OF THE SCHOOL COMMITTEE schedule a PUBLIC HEARING in 90 days.

Boy that sure is going to be a distraction from the MARSHALL vote. All of this because somebody wanted to ram a baby snatching plan down some poor parents (not to be confused with poor poets) throats. I admit, I was fooled at first. Thank goodness there are parents out there smarter than me. Since I got my learning done back in WV. that probably includes most of you all.



3 comments:

  1. Posting the salaries really could not have come at a worse time. Every where I go, I hear infuriated taxpayers talking about the salaries and the Marshall bond. You are right, hard working taxpayers are fed up. They are working 40 plus hours every week and still struggling to support their families. Many already pay high property taxes and they are not seeing many, if any benefits. Then they see the salaries that many of the city employees are making and I think that did it for many people. I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned about the outcome of the Marshall vote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outrageous inflated salaries of city hall workers is over the top. Who in private industry is getting those salaries and then the stories that they come in when they want, leave when they want and we all know most are doing much in between. don't mix up the school buildings and the children with city hall. When you look at the administrative staff salaries, the superintendent's salary makes more sense.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that the superintendent should be well paid. It is a job with awesome responsibilities. On the same token, we deserve results not excuses.

      Delete